During such wild times, we cling even more to the sweet, dreamy moments of holiday goodness. A cozy blanket, a person we love to snuggle, and some twinkly lights does a soul good! My gift guide offers a solid mix of indie woman-made, eco high-end, and affordable cruelty-free fare that’ll inspire your buying choices. Many of these gifts give back, as you’ll note when you click the image for more information, and many of our gifts are practical items that are bought even when it’s not the holidays! That being said, you do not need to buy one single thing to show someone you love them. The holidays should not need to be about gifts and waste, which only creates stress and pressure – they should be about spending beautiful moments together, and creating traditions. For those of you who can’t bare to not give a gift to someone special, below you will find all sort of awesome, thoughtful, and lovely items to support conscious businesses and give those you love a big smile.
Happy Holiday Gifting!
Meaningful Gifting Ideas:
- Bake assorted desserts (from my book or any other vegan recipe) and gift them in boxes. Be sure to include the recipes (printed on recycled paper of course), so your friends could recreate their kind treats.
- Pay the donation fee to an animal shelter or rescue group for them to adopt an animal of their choice, when they are ready to adopt.
- A subscription to an audiobook app or spotify
- A package of online or irl yoga classes to her/his favorite studio
- A package of life altering health supplements from mykind, for beginners or health pros
- Hand make caramels and package them in vintage jars
- A Gift Certificate to The RealReal for stunning, eco-friendly gently used high end fashion
- A membership to a non profit you think they’d love.
Nonprofits I suggest:
- Contribute to ending animal cruelty and a kinder planet – Animal Equality
- Sponsor a rescued farm animal – Farm Sanctuary
- Fund solar energy in your community – RE-volv
- Help refugee children receive the resources they deserve – MercyCorps
- Educate high school and middle school students on ethical food choices – Ethical Choices Program
- 80% of the orangutan population has been lost in the past 75 years mainly as a result of mass deforestation. Help orangutans and their habitat – Orangutan Foundation International
- Help conserve and protect our oceans wildlife – Sea Shepherd
- Give the gift of clean and safe drinking water – Charity: Water