Vegan Breakfast Recipe: Peanut Butter Granola
Kind lifer Foodnfriends recently submitted this yum-looking homemade granola recipe.
Note to strict vegans: it calls for honey, which you can easily sub out for maple syrup, agave nectar, or brown rice syrup.
Peanut Butter Granola
• 2 tablespoons Peanut Butter (I used Better n’ Peanut Butter)
• 2 tablespoons Honey (Maple Syrup or any alternative is fine)
• 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
• 1 cup Oats
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Combine peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave until peanut butter melts (approximately 20 seconds). Stir.
3. Stir cinnamon and vanilla into peanut butter and honey mixture.
4. Add oats and stir until oats are completely covered in peanut butter mixture.
5. Spread out oat mixture onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for 7 – 8 minutes until granola is slightly browned.
6. Let cool until granola is crunchy.
Keep in mind that this is not a superhero breakfast. For me, this would be a dessert… a nice occasional treat!
What’s your favorite homemade breakfast?
Kind Classics: Cheese Pt. 2!January 27th, 2016
The Homemade Vegan Pantry: Almond FetaJanuary 13th, 2016
Date with Bear & SabrinaJanuary 6th, 2016
Zen & the Art of Caramels: a missive from a Vegan-Curious New YorkerDecember 22nd, 2015
Donuts GaloreDecember 7th, 2015