The basic black dress meal- can be dressed up or down with ease for any occasion.This is one of our comfort food meals that can be served at any time of the day. We are a family of four; a vegan, two lacto ovo vegetarian (1 non cheese eating), and an omnivore. I make the basic recipe and tailor it to each of our needs.
30 min cook | 4 servings | 30 min prep
- diced potatoes 6 na
- minced onion 1 na
- finely minced garlic clove 1 na
- diced red and yellow capsicum 1 na
- minced jalapeno 1 na
- paprika and cayenne pepper to taste 1 pinch
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-low heat and put the onions
- capsicum and jalapeño in layers in the skillet.
- Add seasoning to taste and place lid on skillet and let sizzle for a bit (approximately 10 minutes
- till bottoms start to brown).
- The steam will cook the potatoes. Lift lid periodically and stir well and then slightly press evenly flat.
- Let the mixture cook without stirring for several minutes.
- Once the potatoes are soft
- remove the lid and allow cooking a little longer.
- Spoon them into your into your whole grain tortillas for breakfast burritos with fresh salsa
- with a fried egg on top or serve them scrambled eggs.
- Optional add-ins: cheese
- veggie chorizo
- crumbled sausage or bacon chopped into bits