Butternut Squash “Pies”
Delicious personal-sized pot pies.
25 min cook | 2 servings | 15 min prep
- packet of filo or strudel dough 1 na
- small butternut squash
- cubed 1 na
- whole wheat breadcrumbs 0.5 cup
- vegan cream cheese with herbs 1 tbsp
- margarine 2 tbsp
- salt and pepper
- to taste 1 pinch
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Sauté cubed squash in a little water until soft. It doesn't have to be too soft
- this step is just to shorten the baking time.
- Remove from heat
- purée or blend together with the margarine until smooth and and stir in the cream cheese and breadcrumbs. Season to taste.
- Prepare the dough as stated on the package.(Here's what I did: I moistened a kitchen towel
- put it onto the table and covered it with another dry kitchen towel. I spread out one sheet of dough
- lightly greased it and put another sheet on top. I put on the filling and covered with another sheet of dough
- greased it and put the last sheet on top.)
- Using a spoon
- put the puréed squash onto the dough in as many portions as you like (I made 4) and cover with sheets of dough.
- Now cut around the little heaps of filling and - with greased or wet hands - fold over the dough to get round shaped pies.
- Put on an oiled baking sheet and brush the pies with a tiny amount of oil or soy milk so that thy don't get too dry dur