chocolate peanut butter cups
This is the first recipe you have to try! If you think that vegan recipes can’t be amazing, this will prove you wrong. They are insane! Before I went veggie, I was a major Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup addict. I was so sad when I thought I would have to give them up forever. Regular Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups are obviously not great for you, but these veg ones aren’t nearly as bad. If you are looking to lose weight, or you are a superhero, don’t have these every day….but having them every once in awhile will make you soooo happy. Not concerned about weight?! Enjoy these a few days a week. If you are a flirt or a full-on vegan, go nuts! Let them replace your naughty desserts. Bottom line is, make them….try them. I dare you not to love them!
135 min cook | 12 servings | 15 min prep
- Soy Free
- Earth Balance butter 0.5 cup
- crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsweetened and unsalted) 0.75 cup
- graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham cracker squares 0.75 cup
- maple sugar or other granulated sweetener 0.25 cup
- nondairy chocolate or carob chips 1 cup
- or nut milk 0.25 cup
- chopped pecans
- or peanuts 0.25 cup
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. (If You Care makes unbleached liners made from recycled paper.)
- Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter
- graham cracker crumbs
- and maple sugar and mix well.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Evenly divide the mixture
- approximately 2 tablespoons per cup
- among the muffin cups.
- Combine the chocolate and milk in another pan.
- Stir over medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Spoon the chocolate evenly over the peanut butter mixture.
- Top with chopped nuts.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours before serving.
- They are great soft
- but even better a little firmer!
Quick ‘N’ Easy Hot CocoaFebruary 4th, 2013
Chocolate-Covered StrawberriesFebruary 4th, 2013
Seitan in a Balsamic-Wine ReductionFebruary 4th, 2013
Cauliflower Buffalo WingsJanuary 15th, 2013
Vegan Fudge (Chocolate)September 29th, 2012