Peanut Butter Pie
Here is one of my favorite pie recipes, from my book (p. 189).
5 min cook | 9 servings | 75 min prep
- Sugar Free
- vegan chocolate cookie crust 1 na
- 10-oz bag of grain-sweetened
- non-dairy chocolate chips 1 na
- of Earth BalanceÂ® soy milk 0.5 cup
- of Earth BalanceÂ® peanut butter (you can also use regular peanut butter. Earth BalanceÂ® peanut butter has agave in it
- so it might make the pie too sweet. If you use Earth Balance peanut butter
- just go easy on the maple syrup
- as the pie will already b 1.25 cup
- 12.3 oz box of silken tofu (firm) 1 na
- maple syrup 0.5 cup
- vanilla extract
- to taste 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake the cookie crust for 4-5 minutes just to make it a bit crispy. Cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water. If you don't have a double boiler
- place a stainless steel bowl over boiling water and melt the ingredients in it.
- Whisk in the milk until combined and smooth.
- With a measuring cup
- scoop out about 1⁄4 cup of the chocolate mixture
- then pour the remainder into the cookie crust.
- Place the cookie crust in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- While the ﬁlling chills
- combine 1 cup peanut butter
- the tofu
- and vanilla extract in a food processor or blender; process until very smooth
- scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture on top of the chilled chocolate ﬁlling in the cookie crust
- smoothing it out over the pie as you pour
- and return the ﬁlled cookie crust to the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour or until ﬁrm.
- To serve
- return the reserved chocol