Quinoa Salad with Tomato, Lemon, Cilantro, Chickpeas and Avocado
I made this salad recently and thought it was too good to keep to myself. I posted about it on my blog (http://www.lactosefreegirl.com/2012/09/salads-of-moment.html), along with another delicious salad (tomatoes, edamame, red onion and avocado, with a red wine vinegar-olive oil-Dijon dressing: divine!). This saiad was the best thing ever, and I’ll be sure to make it again.
25 min cook | 4 servings | 20 min prep
- dry quinoa 0.5 cup
- vegetable broth 2 cup
- spinach 2 cup
- cilantro 1 cup
- onion 0.25 cup
- garlic 2 tsp
- rinsed and drained 2 cup
- cherry tomatoes
- cut in half 1 cup
- chopped 2 na
- zested 1 na
- juiced 2 na
- Dijon mustard 2 tsp
- olive oil 2 tsp
- agave nectar 1 tsp
- cumin 0.5 tsp
- Start by making the quinoa: soak the quinoa in a pot in the vegetable broth for about 15 minutes. Turn the heat on to medium-high and let the quinoa come to a boil. Once it boils
- reduce the heat to medium-low and let the quinoa simmer. Stir every so often and cook quinoa about 20-25 minutes
- just until the liquid is absorbed – don’t let it dry out completely
- though; when there is just a tiny amount of liquid left in the pot
- remove it from the heat and cover. Set aside to cool.
- in a food processor
- put the spinach and cilantro. Process until the greens are finely diced. (You can do this by hand if you don’t have a food processor.) Put the greens in the serving bowl and set aside.
- As long as the food processor is out and dirtied
- use it to chop the onion and garlic
- then add to the greens mixture. Add the chickpeas to the serving bowl and mix well. When your quinoa has cooled
- add it to the bowl as well
- along with the tomatoes.
- Make the dressing by whisking all the remaining in