Smothered Seitan Medallions In Mixed Mushroom Gravy
I went to my friend Mark’s house for a pre-Thanksgiving dinner, and had a super delicious meal. Mark, his brother Michael, Michael’s wife Lalanya, and their 8
45 min cook | 5 servings | 15 min prep
- Seitan cut into medallions 1 pound
- arrowroot powder 5 tbsp
- plus 2 tbs olive oil
- divided 1 cup
- large onion
- thinly sliced
- (2 cups) 1 na
- cloves garlic
- minced (2 tbs) 5 na
- mixed mushroom gravy (next recipe) 2 cup
- mushroom stock 2 cup
- finely chopped green cabbage 1 cup
- jalepeno chiles
- minced 2 na
- thinly sliced green onions 0.25 cup
- chopped parsley 2 tbsp
- olive oil 1 tbsp
- button mushrooms 0.25 pound
- baby bella mushrooms 0.25 pound
- all-purpose flour 2 tbsp
- unflavored rice milk 1 cup
- mushroom stock 1 cup
- salt 0.5 tsp
- white pepper 0.5 tsp
- Coat seitan pieces with arrowroot.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Fry half of seitan in oil 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to paper-towel lined plate. Discard oil
- wipe out skillet
- and repeat with 1/2 cup oil and remaining seitan.
- Discard oil.
- Add remaining 2 tbs oil and onion to hot skillet.
- Increase heat to high and saute 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium
- and saute 10 more minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in Mixed Mushroom Gravy
- Mushroom Stock
- and seitan.
- Cover and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add cabbage
- and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in jalepenos
- green onion and parsley.
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add all mushrooms
- and saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and remaining 1 tbs oil.
- Reduce heat to low
- and cook ten minutes or until flour begins to brown
- whisking continuously.
- Whisk in rice milk
- mushroom stock
- and white pepper.
Quick ‘N’ Easy Hot CocoaFebruary 4th, 2013
Chocolate-Covered StrawberriesFebruary 4th, 2013
Seitan in a Balsamic-Wine ReductionFebruary 4th, 2013
Cauliflower Buffalo WingsJanuary 15th, 2013
Vegan Fudge (Chocolate)September 29th, 2012