Tofu and Squash Kare-kare
really tasty and addictive recipe for squash
20 min cook | 2 servings | 10 min prep
- squash 2 cup
- Firm tofu 2 cup
- kare-kare mix 3 tbsp
- clove garlic 1 na
- piece shallot 1 na
- eggplant 0.5 cup
- pechay 1 cup
- salt and pepper to taste 1 pinch
- water 2 cup
- cut the squash in 1 inch cubes
- I don't remove the peel just wash it really well
- cut the tofu in 2 inch cubes and dry fry it in a non stick pan on all sides until golden
- set aside
- mince garlic and shallot finely
- cut the eggplant in 2 inch cubes and roughly chop the pechay. set aside
- saute garlic and shallots in very low heat.
- turn the heat on medium and add the squash
- saute until squash is brown on all sides.
- add water
- kare-kare mix and the tofu. cover and simmer until squash is almost cook.
- add eggplant and cook half way
- then add the pechay. season to taste.