Vegan Coconut Banana Pancakes
Went to this fabulous little whole foods organic cafe in Seattle (it’s not vegatarian but they do have veggie/vegan options) & had these FABULOUS vegan pancakes. Based on the ingredients listed in the menu, I did some googling, found something pretty close & tweaked it a bit. These pancakes are soo good, moist, fluffly amazing. The cornmeal, one of my additions, adds great texture. Makes about 15-16 med sized pancakes.
20 min cook | 5 servings | 10 min prep
- whole wheat flour 1.75 cup
- oats 0.5 cup
- not flour-coarse meal 0.5 cup
- wheat germ 0.25 cup
- - 2 tbsp cornstarch 1 na
- bkg powder 2 tbsp
- salt 1 tsp
- mashed (can sub 2/3 - 1 cup applesauce) 2 na
- can lite coconut milk 1 na
- soy milk (or almond etc..) 0.75 cup
- Mash banana
- set aside
- Mix all dry ingredients together in med sized mixing bowl. Make a well...
- Add remaining ingredients & mix. Careful not to over mix
- pancake batter raises best when lumpy
- Add 1 2 Tbsp coconut oil to preheated frying pan (med low heat) This step is optional if you have a non-stick pan. I prefer using a little oil as the pancakes just cook a little nicer
- crispy on the outside.
- I have a large frying pan that fits about 4 med pancakes. I use about 2 heaping tbsp of batter per pancake
- cook til the batter raises & looks dry at the edges