This recipe was submitted by Arly Littleone, who swears by this dish to impress last-minute company. It’s not superhero, but looks like a pretty dish to serve guests.
Prep time: 1 hour | Cook time: 25 minutes | Total time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 1 artichoke, peeled and quartered
- 1 capsicum, halved and seeded
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of tomato passata
- 1 teaspoon of vegan brown sugar
- 1 cup of mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 dash of red wine
- 1 package of angel hair pasta
- 1 teaspoon plus one tablespoon of vegan butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Boil large pot of water for pasta and cook pasta to desired tenderness.
- While water boils and pasta cooks, roast the capsicum, artichoke, garlic and onion with olive oil at 350 degrees until corners are just browned.
- Peel the burnt edges of the artichoke off and set the quarters and the baking tray aside
- In a medium bowl combine the roasted capsicum, garlic, onion and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Blend the mixture to taste and add in the passata, the vegan brown sugar and the leftover oil from the baking tray, stirring and seasoning to taste. Once you are happy with the flavors set the mixture aside.
- Heat one teaspoon of butter and some olive oil over high heat in a frying pan. Fry the mushrooms until they start to become crispy.
- Once the mushrooms are crispy, add in the capsicum mixture to the pan with a dash or two of wine and let simmer long enough for the wine to cook off.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and stir in one tablespoon of butter
- Serve the pasta topped with the sauce and a slice of the artichoke.
What’s your favorite recipe to serve guests in a pinch? And what the heck is capsicum? Tell me in the comments below! I’ve never heard of it before.