When it comes to hemp foods, Manitoba Harvest is involved at every level – from seed to shelf. They are the world’s largest hemp food manufacturer to grow, make, and sell their own line of hemp foods. Manitoba Harvest’s mission is to manufacture and market the highest quality hemp food products, to educate on the health and environmental benefits of hemp, and to strive for sustainability in all that they do.
Hemp is a nutrient packed seed filled with omegas, protein, and magnesium. Try this seasonal smoothie for breakfast or whip up these truffles for your next family get together.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups original almond milk (or original hemp milk)
- 1 small banana
- 2 ice cubes
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 serving of HempPro 70 Vanilla (hemp protein powder)
- 1 tbsp Hemp Hearts (by Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 cup cocoa or raw cacao or carob powder
- 1/3 cup Hemp Pro70 Chocolate
- 1 cup nut or seed butter (stirred well)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp Hemp Hearts (by Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl to create a uniform texture.
- Fold in wet ingredients by hand.
- Form into 1-inch balls and roll in Hemp Hearts.
Kick off making these recipes by using the 20% discount promo code: ASBlog2014 when making purchases at www.manitobaharvest.com. This code expires December 31, 2014.